Your animation training has so far taught you how to walk, jump, and run. Now it’s time to go from character to creature and watch your animation take on new meaning. This is sheer realism, with live action in the background — all designed for your characters to tell a different kind of story.
Animal and Creature Animation Production
*$75 registration fee applies
Work in production teams — under the direction of a professional animator — to complete a sequence of shots with live-action plates. Learn how to pace intense action sequences, keep continuity with other animators’ work in surrounding shots, and work effectively with live-action footage. Use world-class pipeline tools to pass along the sequence — if selected — to be surfaced later in the CG production pipeline.
- Use Animation Mentor character and production pipeline tools.
- Work in a collaborative production team — under the direction of your mentor — to produce an action packed sequence.
- Use live-action plates to make your animation come alive.
Must pass Animal and Creature Animation Advanced.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction:
What You Get:
- Hands-on work with production-ready characters.
- Detailed coursework with emphasis on intra- (animation) and cross-discipline (VFX) collaboration and work with the state-of-the-art, patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline.
- A diploma in Advanced Animal and Creature Animation Production upon completion of required courses.
Summer 2013: OPEN
Total Course Length:
May 10, 2013
May 6, 2013
June 24, 2013
See if you qualify for Advanced Placement*
*Demo Reel Required