Thanks to our foundational coursework and instruction provided by top industry professionals — your animations literally take on a life of their own. You animate your own shots primarily, transition to collaborative projects, and begin working with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline.
Animation Body Mechanics Basics
*$75 registration fee applies
Take the core concepts of body mechanics to create believable physical movement, a common challenge area for many animators.
Learn How to:
- Make your characters feel like they have proper weight and physicality.
- Develop the confidence necessary to animate your characters in a variety of situations.
- Develop an eye for common pitfalls and identify trusted solutions.
Assignments and Characters
- Focus on a variety of physical exercises with a simple character.
- Learn how to confidently plan and execute physical performances.
- Apply your training with our Animation Fundamental characters.
Must pass Animation Basics.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction:
What You Get:
- Hands-on work with production-ready characters.
- Video lectures and resources from award-winning professional animators.
- Access to eCritique tool, Live Reviews, Sequence Review Tool, distributed render farm, and patent-pending AMP studio production pipeline.
- 3-year active student access to Autodesk® Maya®.
- A diploma in Animation Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Spring 2014: OPEN
Total Course Length:
Feb 07, 2014
Feb 18, 2014
Mar 31, 2014
See if you qualify for Advanced Placement*
*Demo Reel Required