- Animation Basics
- Body Mechanics
- Advanced Body Mechanics – Pro
- Introduction to Acting
- Advanced Acting and Storytelling
- Character Development and Previz
- Character Animation Production
Classic Pro Animation Track
Seven 12-week classes
Our newest approach to online animation education. Built on cutting edge curriculum, designed by industry professionals and informed by recruiters at world-class studios. Join a team of animation and VFX students and learn to use studio best-practices, professional workflows and our exclusive production pipeline to produce a short film. Graduates of this seven class, 21 month program receive a diploma in Advanced Character Animation Production.
Leverage cutting edge curriculum design, exclusive technology, interdisciplinary collaboration and constant experimentation to learn faster and produce better work.
Learn and collaborate with other animators and VFX artists on your team to produce bigger and better animated stories.
Animate a Short Film.
Produce a short, animated film using studio best-practices, professional workflows and our exclusive production pipeline technology.
and Pre-Visualization – Pro
Class Length: 12 weeks
Upcoming Term: Fall 2014
Start Date: September 29, 2014
Application Due: August 1, 2014
Registration Opens: July 28, 2014
Class Tuition: $1,999
Save your spot!
Your team’s short film begins here. Present your short film pitch to your mentor, and work with your team to create character designs for a short film sequence. Then create storyboards and progress to final layouts with your team. Finish the course by exploring character development through a series of animation tests. This class is a critical step to prepare you and your team to animate your short film in Character Animation Production – Pro.
Learn How to:
- Collaborate with your team to understand the backstories and motivations for your short film characters
- Design great characters that support a strong performance and creative storytelling
- Develop the story structure for your team’s short film sequence, including building anticipation and surprise into the story
- Use storyboards to develop a rough animatic of your short film including fleshing out story beats, character arcs and shot flow
- Progress to pre-visualization and layout, where you and your team determine the visual choreography of your film
- To see what you learn week by week, check out the course breakdown
Why it’s right for you:
- Be Bold: The Classic Pro Animation Track is for those animators looking for cutting-edge curriculum design, exclusive technology, interdisciplinary teamwork, collaboration and constant experimentation
- Improve your ability to work on a team, by giving and taking feedback from your mentors and peers
- Prepare yourself to succeed in the studio environment – go beyond the principles of animation and learn how to work with your fellow animators and your peers further down the production pipeline
- Impress your animation supervisor on day one by seamlessly integrating your animation within the larger sequence
- Graduate with a team-based short film sequence for your demo reel
- Learn from top professional mentors at the most trusted and well-respected online animation school
What You Get:
- A 3-year active student license to Autodesk Maya – including Mudbox, 3D Studio Max, and more
- Access to the Animation Mentor community of over 5,500 students and alumni in more than 105 countries around the world
- Instruction from top-quality mentors from the world’s leading animation studios
- Over 12 hours of pre-recorded lecture material, made available to watch on-demand each week
- A weekly eCritique of your assignment from your mentor
- A weekly live Q&A with your mentor and classmates
- Access to the Animation Mentor resource library with guest lectures, additional Q&As, and weekly video news
- Access to the library of animation rigs including the customizable Bishop rig, the Tribes characters and more
Earn a passing grade in Advanced Acting and Storytelling – Pro or Advanced Acting (note: there is no Advanced Placement into this class)