- Animation Basics
- Body Mechanics
- Advanced Body Mechanics – Pro
- Introduction to Acting
- Advanced Acting and Storytelling
- Character Development and Previz
- Character Animation Production
Classic Pro Animation Track
Seven 12-week classes
Our newest approach to online animation education. Built on cutting edge curriculum, designed by industry professionals and informed by recruiters at world-class studios. Join a team of animation and VFX students and learn to use studio best-practices, professional workflows and our exclusive production pipeline to produce a short film. Graduates of this seven class, 21 month program receive a diploma in Advanced Character Animation Production.
Leverage cutting edge curriculum design, exclusive technology, interdisciplinary collaboration and constant experimentation to learn faster and produce better work.
Learn and collaborate with other animators and VFX artists on your team to produce bigger and better animated stories.
Animate a Short Film.
Produce a short, animated film using studio best-practices, professional workflows and our exclusive production pipeline technology.
Introduction to Acting
Class Length: 12 weeks
Upcoming Term: Fall 2014
Start Date: September 29, 2014
Application Due: August 1, 2014
Registration Opens: July 28, 2014
Class Tuition: $2,799
Save your spot!
In Introduction to Acting, you tackle two of the most challenging aspects of character animation: pantomime acting and animating dialogue. Through pantomime acting, you’ll learn to show the audience the character’s emotion without narration or dialogue. Advance to the most exciting concept in character animation: dialogue acting. In this class, you’ll learn how to use subtlety and subtext to add complexity and depth to your characters.
Learn How to:
- Show emotion without narration or dialogue through pantomime acting
- Understand acting basics, including how to use subtext and subtlety to make your characters feel real
- Add secondary action to your shots without letting it become too distracting
- Animate dialogue with full facial animation, including lip sync
- Convey the complex motion of human hands
- Strengthen your skill at polishing your animation to add an extra layer of believability and grit to your animation
Why it’s right for you:
- Be Bold: The Classic Pro Animation Track is for those animators looking for cutting-edge curriculum design, exclusive technology, interdisciplinary teamwork, collaboration and constant experimentation
- Improve your ability to work on a team, by giving and taking feedback from your mentors and peers
- Prepare yourself to succeed in the studio environment – go beyond the principles of animation and learn how to work with your fellow animators and your peers further down the production pipeline
- Impress your animation supervisor on day one by seamlessly integrating your animation within the larger sequence
- Graduate with a team-based short film sequence for your demo reel
- Learn from top professional mentors at the most trusted and well-respected online animation school
What You Get:
- A 3-year active student license to Autodesk Maya – including Mudbox, 3D Studio Max, and more
- Access to the Animation Mentor community of over 5,500 students and alumni in more than 105 countries around the world
- Instruction from top-quality mentors from the world’s leading animation studios
- Over 12 hours of pre-recorded lecture material, made available to watch on-demand each week
- A weekly eCritique of your assignment from your mentor
- A weekly live Q&A with your mentor and classmates
- Access to the Animation Mentor resource library with guest lectures, additional Q&As, and weekly video news
- Ongoing access to all characters and rigs from the course, including Bishop, Stella, Stan, Stuart
- Apply and be accepted for Advanced Placement in the Animation Program or earn a passing grade in Advanced Body Mechanics or Advanced Body Mechanics – Pro.
- Be 18 years of age or older upon the first day of class
- Meet the minimum system requirements
- Have intermediate computer software skills. This course requires a basic knowledge of 3d software. If you have little to no experience using 3d animation software like Maya, Blender or 3DS Max, we strongly recommend our Maya Workshop: Animation Basics
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Achieve a passing score on a basic aptitude test (Wonderlic test). This measures basic understanding in math and verbal skills
Note: Introduction to Acting is the same course in both the Classic Animation Track and the Classic Pro Animation Track