- Animation Basics
- Body Mechanics
- Advanced Body Mechanics
- Introduction to Acting
- Advanced Acting
- Polish & Portfolio
Classic Animation Track
Six 12-week Classes
The original, 18 month, online animation program. In this series of six classes – from Animation Basics to Polishing and Portfolio – students will learn to develop the artistic and technical skills they need to be successful as a character animator. Working, professional animators provide students with hands-on instruction and valuable industry insights. Graduates of program receive a diploma in Advanced Studies in Character Animation and leave with exciting new shots for their demo reel.
Invest in the best and join the original animation educational community, pioneered by Animation Mentor and imitated by cheap knock-offs around the world.
Focus your efforts on developing the artistic and technical skills that will transform you into the best animator you can be.
Your Demo Reel.
Develop world-class, animated shots that will make your demo reel stand out from the crowd.
Advanced Body Mechanics
Class Length: 12 weeks
Upcoming Term: Spring 2015
Start Date: March 30, 2015
Application Due: February 6, 2015
Registration Opens: January 26, 2015
Class Tuition: $2,499 *
* Includes a $100 non-refundable registration fee
Save your spot!
Choose between Advanced Body Mechanics or Advanced Body Mechanics – Pro. In Advanced Body Mechanics, build on your learning from previous classes to animate increasingly physical shots with your characters. Pick a character and create your own sequence, using cuts to help tell your story. Whether you want to send your character barreling through a wall or jumping out of a plane, Advanced Body Mechanics will teach you the necessary skills to animate physicality and body mechanics believably.
In Advanced Body Mechanics – Pro, not only do you build on your learning from previous classes to animate increasingly physical shots with your characters, you also get your first experience working in the studio environment. Work with your classmates to create a collaborative sequence of animation shots, conveying physicality and strong body mechanics. You’ll animate your own shots, while learning how to integrate your animation with the other shots in the sequence – just like animators in top feature studios.
Learn How to:
- Use staging and composition to tell your story, including how to help your audience understand the progression of your story
- Use editing to craft a sequence out of multiple shots, and convey storytelling and action across your sequence
- Build on your existing body mechanics to improve your ability to animate physical shots like running, crawling and even climbing with Stella or Stan
- Delve deeper into advanced techniques of anticipation, overlapping action and timing and spacing
- Utilize best practices of storytelling through cuts
- Incorporate appeal into your animation, including staging, exaggeration, aesthetics and more
Why it’s right for you:
- Learn from Animation Mentor’s proven, trusted Classic Animation Track curriculum – the same curriculum taught to top animators working at studios like Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Industrial Light & Magic, WETA Digital and Blue Sky Studios
- Learn from the best mentors, at the world’s first and most respected online animation school
- Level up basic 3d animation software experience, and go beyond software tutorials to truly understand the art and craft of animation
- Work with industry-quality characters and assets
- Create a kick-ass demo reel full of your best animation and prepare yourself to apply for a job as a character animator