- Animation Basics
- Body Mechanics
- Advanced Body Mechanics
- Introduction to Acting
- Advanced Acting
- Polish & Portfolio
Classic Animation Track
Six 12-week Classes
In this series of six classes – from Animation Basics to Polishing and Portfolio – students will learn to develop the artistic and technical skills they need to be successful as a character animator. Working, professional animators provide students with hands-on instruction and valuable industry insights. Graduates of program receive a Certificate of Completion and leave with exciting new shots for their demo reel.
Invest in the best and join the original animation educational community, pioneered by Animation Mentor and imitated by cheap knock-offs around the world.
Focus your efforts on developing the artistic and technical skills that will transform you into the best animator you can be.
Your Demo Reel.
Develop world-class, animated shots that will make your demo reel stand out from the crowd.
Class Length: 12 weeks
Upcoming Term: Fall 2015
Start Date: September 28, 2015
Application Due: July 31, 2015
Registration Opens: July 20, 2015
Price Per Class: $2,499 *
* Includes a $100 non-refundable registration fee
In Animation Basics, you’ll go beyond software to learn how to realistically convey weight, motion and follow through – critical skills on your journey to become a character animator. You’ll start the course by learning how to animate a bouncing ball, and then evolve that bouncing ball through the creation of both “vanilla” and “personality” walk cycles.
Learn How to:
- Understand critical principles of animation like weight and overlapping action
- Convey emotions like joy, devastation and concern through sketchbook and posing exercises with our Stu rig
- Go beyond the bouncing ball by learning to express different weights
- Understand overlapping action by animating motion and follow through using Squirrels, Monster Ball or Bird Ball
- Animate a simple and straightforward “vanilla” walk cycle
- Create a stylized walk cycle to showcase personality and emotion
Why it’s right for you:
- Learn from Animation Mentor’s proven, trusted Classic Animation Track curriculum – the same curriculum taught to top animators working at studios like Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Industrial Light & Magic, WETA Digital and Blue Sky Studios
- Learn from the best mentors, at the world’s first and most respected online animation school
- Level up basic 3d animation software experience, and go beyond software tutorials to truly understand the art and craft of animation
- Work with industry-quality characters and assets
- Create a kick-ass demo reel full of your best animation and prepare yourself to apply for a job as a character animator
What You Get:
- A 3-year active student license to Autodesk Maya – including Mudbox, 3D Studio Max, and more
- Access to the Animation Mentor community of over 5,500 students and alumni in more than 105 countries around the world
- Instruction from top-quality mentors from the world’s leading animation studios
- Over 12 hours of pre-recorded lecture material, made available to watch on-demand each week
- A weekly eCritique of your assignment from your mentor
- A weekly live Q&A with your mentor and classmates
- Access to the Animation Mentor resource library with guest lectures, additional Q&As, and weekly video news
- Ongoing access to all characters and rigs from the class, including Tailor, Ballie, Stu, Squirrels, Monster Ball, Bird Ball and the pendulum
- Apply and be accepted for the Animation Program
- Be 18 years of age or older upon the first day of class
- Meet the minimum system requirements
- Have intermediate computer software skills. This course requires a basic knowledge of 3D software. If you have little to no experience using 3d animation software like Maya, Blender or 3DS Max, we strongly recommend our Maya Workshop: Animation Basics
- Have a good understanding of the English language