- Animation Basics
- Body Mechanics
- Advanced Body Mechanics
- Introduction to Acting
- Advanced Acting
- Polish & Portfolio
Classic Animation Track
Six 12-week Classes
In this series of six classes – from Animation Basics to Polishing and Portfolio – students will learn to develop the artistic and technical skills they need to be successful as a character animator. Working, professional animators provide students with hands-on instruction and valuable industry insights. Graduates of program receive a Certificate of Completion and leave with exciting new shots for their demo reel.
Invest in the best and join the original animation educational community, pioneered by Animation Mentor and imitated by cheap knock-offs around the world.
Focus your efforts on developing the artistic and technical skills that will transform you into the best animator you can be.
Your Demo Reel.
Develop world-class, animated shots that will make your demo reel stand out from the crowd.
Polishing and Portfolio
Class Length: 12 weeks
Upcoming Term: Fall 2015
Start Date: September 28, 2015
Application Due: July 31, 2015
Registration Opens: July 20, 2015
Price Per Class: $2,499 *
* Includes a $100 non-refundable registration fee
Take what you learned in your previous courses and apply it to your best shots. In this course, you’ll produce at least 15 seconds of polished animation for your demo reel. Learn the best practices for what to include and what not to include on your demo reel, and get valuable insights into the hiring process at top animation studios. Earn your diploma in Advanced Studies in Character Animation at the completion of this course!
Learn How to:
- Use advanced spacing techniques to sell the physicality and believability of your characters’ actions and gestures
- Clarify your acting choices and showcase the intention of the shot
- Give your characters distinct, individual personalities, and make them recognizable, memorable and appealing
- Polish your shot to create weight, texture and interest
- Understand where to add subtle details that showcase your skills as a production-ready animator
- Learn what it takes to create a kick-ass demo reel, including key mistakes to avoid
Why it’s right for you
- Learn from Animation Mentor’s proven, trusted Classic Animation Track curriculum – the same curriculum taught to top animators working at studios like Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Industrial Light & Magic, WETA Digital and Blue Sky Studios
- Learn from the best mentors, at the world’s first and most respected online animation school
- Level up basic 3d animation software experience, and go beyond software tutorials to truly understand the art and craft of animation
- Work with industry-quality characters and assets
- Create a kick-ass demo reel full of your best animation and prepare yourself to apply for a job as a character animator
What You Get:
- A 3-year active student license to Autodesk Maya – including Mudbox, 3D Studio Max, and more
- Access to the Animation Mentor community of over 5,500 students and alumni in more than 105 countries around the world
- Instruction from top-quality mentors from the world’s leading animation studios
- Over 12 hours of pre-recorded lecture material, made available to watch on-demand each week
- A weekly eCritique of your assignment from your mentor
- A weekly live Q&A with your mentor and classmates
- Access to the Animation Mentor resource library with guest lectures, additional Q&As, and weekly video news
- Ongoing access to all characters and rigs from the course, including Bishop, Stella, Stan, Stewart, the Imps, Squirrels, Bird Ball and Monster Ball
Earn a passing grade in Advanced Acting (note: there is no Advanced Placement into this class)