Jim Brown — Tippett Studio
Tippet Studio Animation Supervisor Jim Brown shares his experience dealing with creative blocks. Deciding how to start a shot can be a challenge in itself, and Jim offers his advice on how to get the creative juices flowing.
Jim suggests starting with a lot of research — YouTube, Vimeo, GlobalZoo, UltraSlow can be great places to get reference. Then, create sketches to create a clear picture in your mind of what you want to achieve. Getting out there and doing your homework will make a huge difference in establishing the foundation for your shot.
- Immortals (animation supervisor)
- Priest (animation supervisor)
- Season of the Witch (animation supervisor)
- Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (animator)
- New Moon (animator)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (animator)
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua (animation supervisor)
- Enchanted (lead character animator)
- The Shaggy Dog (lead animator)
- Son of the Mask (lead animator)
- Constantine (animator: Tippett Studio)
- The Stepford Wives (animator)
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (animator)