Peter Kelly — Industrial Light & Magic
Industrial Light & Magic animator Peter Kelly offers tips on how to improve your animation. He recommends animating in 3D space rather than just animating to one camera. By paying attention to how characters look from many angles, you’ll have to add weight to the characters, which will also make the characters look more realistic.
Peter also suggests making big changes to your work when a supervisor asks for a change. Rather than making minute changes, he advises animators to make a noticeable change that can then be dialed back if necessary.
- Iron Man (animator)
- Rush Hour 3 (digital artist)
- Transformers (animator)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (animator)
- Eragon (animator)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (animator)
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (animator)
- Van Helsing (animator)
- Peter Pan (animator)
- Hulk (animator)
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (animator)