Tom Gibbons – Tippett Studio
In this video, Tippet Studio Animation Supervisor Tom Gibbons talks about the basic principles of animation, namely the bouncing ball. He explains that, after 20 years of being an animator, he has recently made discoveries about the bouncing ball that can be applied to even the most complex animation.
From the bouncing ball, an animator can learn and understand many important principles, including physics, gravity and weight. It is vital to understand these basic principles in order to create realistic animation.
Gibbons urges animators to always continue to learn and improve their craft.
- MutantLand (lead animator)
- Drag Me to Hell (animator)
- Bedtime Stories (animator)
- Cloverfield (animation supervisor)
- Enchanted (animation supervisor)
- Charlotte’s Web (animator)
- The Shaggy Dog (animator)
- Catwoman (animation supervisor)
- Blade II (lead animator)
- Evolution (lead animator)
- Hollow Man (animation supervisor)
- Starship Troopers (animator)