Learn VFX skills and foundations to develop as a technical visual effects artist, with a strong emphasis on look development concepts and processes. You work collaboratively with cross-discipline artists and work with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline to become familiar with a modern, asset-based workflow.
*$75 registration fee and $99 lab fee apply
Learn the basics of VFX with modeling and surfacing and progress to lighting and compositing. This gives you a full sense of how all the pieces fit together to create the finished visual effects graphic. View week-by-week CG Basics curriculum.
- Learn the basics of hard surface modeling.
- Learn UV mapping with materials, and shaders for your models.
- Light and render scenes using Autodesk’s Maya and Solid Angle’s Arnold renderer.
- Create basic composites using The Foundry’s NUKE.
Projects and Assignments
- Start to build your own visual asset and reference library.
- Learn general visual effects workflow and processes from modeling, surfacing, lighting, and compositing.
- Use Animation Mentor assets and production pipeline tools.
What You Get:
- 3-year active student access to Autodesk® Maya®.
- Access to The Foundry’s NUKE and Solid Angle’s Arnold renderer.
- Access to eCritique tool, Live Reviews, Sequence Review Tool, distributed render farm, and patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline.
- A diploma in VFX Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Winter 2014: OPEN
Total Course Length:
Dec 20, 2013
Jan 6, 2014
A background in art, photography, or drawing is helpful, but not required.
Note: A PC is required for the VFX curriculum. Please ensure that you meet all Windows computer system requirements.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction: