Learn VFX skills and foundations to develop as a technical visual effects artist, with a strong emphasis on look development concepts and processes. You work collaboratively with cross-discipline artists and work with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline to become familiar with a modern, asset-based workflow.
*$75 registration fee and $99 lab fee apply
Work with a mix of live-action and CG elements — to provide a critical understanding of the complete VFX production process, participating in both lighting of elements and final assembly of the composite. This is invaluable experience as compositing has become the focal point of many film studios and the production process as a whole. View week-by-week Compositing Basics curriculum.
Student work by: Isai Calderon
Learn VFX Compositing:
- Understand the process and fundamentals of VFX compositing.
- Integrate live-action background plates and CG elements into a fully realized finished film sequence.
- Understand and thrive in a sequenced-based learning environment.
Student work by: Randall Bender
Collaborate, Projects, and Assignments
- Use The Foundry’s MARI (as appropriate) to surface directly onto assets for reprojection and set extension work.
- Use The Foundry’s NUKE to integrate all necessary passes into a finished rendered sequence.
- Use Animation Mentor assets and production pipeline tools.
Must pass Lighting Basics.
Note: A PC is required for the VFX curriculum.
Please ensure that you meet all Windows computer system requirements.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction:
What You Get:
- Access to The Foundry’s NUKE, MARI, and Solid Angle’s Arnold renderer.
- Production-ready VFX assets.
- Direct one-on-one feedback from award-winning lighting and VFX artists.
- A diploma in VFX Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Spring 2014: OPEN
Total Course Length:
Feb 07, 2014
Feb 18, 2014
Mar 31, 2014