Learn VFX skills and foundations to develop as a technical visual effects artist, with a strong emphasis on look development concepts and processes. You work collaboratively with cross-discipline artists and work with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline to become familiar with a modern, asset-based workflow.
*$75 registration fee and $99 lab fee apply
Learn how to convey an idea centered upon visual storytelling using light, shape, and color. Lighting Basics bridges lighting concepts for CG feature animation (think fully-composited VFX, such as Up) with lighting for feature VFX (think integration with live action, such as Avatar). These are similar, overlapping skill sets and workflows that you will resource and develop in later VFX studies. View week-by-week Lighting Basics curriculum.
Learn VFX Lighting:
- Apply the fundamentals of cinematic VFX lighting design.
- Utilize modern HDRI lighting workflows.
- Match the lighting in a live-action plate.
- Understand and thrive in a collaborative sequenced-based production environment.
Collaborate, Projects, and Assignments
- Light with live-action background plates and CG elements.
- Set up lighting and render assets for compositing.
- Use Animation Mentor assets and production pipeline tools.
What You Get:
- Access to The Foundry’s NUKE and Solid Angle’s Arnold renderer.
- Production-ready VFX assets.
- Direct one-on-one feedback from award-winning lighting and VFX artists.
- A diploma in VFX Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Winter 2014: OPEN
Total Course Length:
Dec 20, 2013
Jan 6, 2014
Must pass CG Basics.
Note: A PC is required for the VFX curriculum.
Please ensure that you meet all Windows computer system requirements.