DO I QUALIFY?
Please review our requirements:
You must meet each of the following:
- Be 18 years or older upon the first day of class.
- Have a good understanding of the English language (our classes are only conducted in English).
- Be a high school graduate, have a GED, or have the foreign equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Have intermediate general computer software skills.
- Meet the minimum computer system requirements (see below).
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Because we are an online school, you must have a computer with an Internet connection and webcam. The webcam allows you to capture images from your sketchbook, record video reference, and participate in class with your mentor and other students. Detailed computer system requirements include:
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Nothing older than 3 years. Required.
- Mac OS X with an Intel Processor
- OS X 10.7.5 or higher
ADDITIONAL COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Preferred Browser:
- Latest Chrome, Safari, or Firefox
- Flash Player 11
- Acrobat Reader
- QuickTime 7 Pro
- Broadband Internet: 5Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload to Animation Mentor servers; 1 Mbps download and 600 kbps upload or higher (as purchased through an ISP) recommended*
- HD-capable webcam
- Headphones and headset-mounted microphone
*Use Speedtest.net to check your Internet speed. Be sure to choose the San Francisco server.
Note: Animation Mentor provides the following software to you as part of your tuition. To ensure the best learning experience within our curriculum, you must use the Animation Mentor-provided software.
The curriculum includes sketchbook assignments to help you observe and capture the essence of what is happening around you and to integrate that reference into your work.
WEBCAM AND HEADSET
These devices allow you to fully participate in our Live Reviews.
The Illusion of Life by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston and The Animator’s Survival Kit by Richard Williams are trusted references for animation students.