Game Animation Fundamentals
6 Week WorkshopCourse Length: 6 weeks with Live Q&As
Start Date: March 27, 2017 (Spring 2017)
Price: $899 *
*Includes a non-refundable $100 registration fee
Seats are limited
Get Your Game On - Learn the Game Animation Workflow
Ever wonder how game animators bring their characters to life? Now is your chance to find out!
- Animate convincing character cycles with weight and personality
- Learn the key workflow to migrate your animation from Maya to Unreal Engine 4
- Have a blast navigating your own animated character around an obstacle course using a keyboard or game controller!
In Games Animation Fundamentals, you will:
This workshop is tailored for animators with a basic understanding of body mechanics who are eager to learn the essential game animation workflow techniques that the pros use. That way when you do find yourself employed at a game studio, you’ll be well ahead of the curve.
Industry Professionals Mentor You to Be Successful
At Animation Mentor, you will be personally mentored by industry professionals who are currently working at prominent game studios. You will be exposed to the latest animation workflow techniques and gain unique incite into industry best practices from these pros.
Animator, Telltale Games
Shahbaaz has been a working as a professional character animator for the past 12 years. An Animation Mentor alumnus, Shahbaaz has been fortunate to work in a variety of different industries as an animator including feature film, visual effects, commercials, and video games. Recent credits include Infamous: Second Son and Story Arc Media's Poptropica. Shahbaaz is currently working at Telltale Games, known for The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Batman.
Wednesdays | 7:00 - 8:00 PM Pacific Time
Register Now for Shahbaaz’s Class
Shahbaaz Shah: Games Demo Reel
Animation Rigs You Can Access
- 6 week online workshop.
- This workshop meets for one live lesson each week
- You will receive a recorded video review of your assignment each week
- There are no grades for this workshop
- In addition to the live lectures and demos, you will receive training material specific to Unreal Engine 4
Computer Hardware and Software Requirements
IMPORTANT: The Unreal Engine 4 game engine requires an OpenGL 4.1 compatible graphics card. Make sure your computer meets the necessary hardware requirements to use the Unreal Engine 4 software.
Note: Unreal Engine is not required to complete this workshop, and you can choose to just focus on game animation principles within Maya itself. However you will get the most out of this workshop (and have a ton of fun) by trying out the Maya-to-Unreal workflow yourself.
- All students are eligible to download the student version of Autodesk Maya for free with the purchase of any of our workshops
- Unreal Engine 4 Software is free (Windows, MAC OS, Linux Requirements)
Who is This Workshop For?
- Open to English speaking students who are 18 years or older
- Designed for animators with a basic understanding of body mechanics
- Current Animation Mentor students are welcomed as these workshops are designed to fit into your current workload
Are you more advanced? Learn Game Animation Combat Attacks