Thanks to our foundational coursework and instruction provided by top industry professionals — your animations literally take on a life of their own. You animate your own shots primarily, transition to collaborative projects, and begin working with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline.
*$75 registration fee applies
You first learn the fundamental principles of animation, including an introduction to body mechanics. You also learn the value of integrating a character into your work. Then, as the class progresses, you develop a deeper understanding of these principles to create even more balanced and believable creatures and movements — and culminate with a walk.
Learn How to:
- Create convincing character motion.
- Recognize the more common animation mistakes involving timing, weight issues, and body mechanics.
- Avoid and conquer common animation pitfalls.
- Develop an invaluable appreciation for the world around you through observation.
Assignments and Characters
- Learn a studio workflow as your mentor guides you — step by step — to where each assignment builds from the previous one.
- Begin with very basic characters, all of which are provided to you, and then advance to more complex characters.
- Apply your training with our Animation Fundamental characters.
A background in art, animation, or drawing is helpful, but not required. Those just beginning their animation journey are encouraged to complete our Maya Workshop: Animation Basics.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction:
What You Get:
- Hands-on work with production-ready characters.
- Video lectures and resources from award-winning professional animators.
- Access to eCritique tool, Live Reviews, Sequence Review Tool, distributed render farm, and patent-pending AMP studio production pipeline.
- 3-year active student access to Autodesk® Maya®.
- A diploma in Animation Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Summer 2013: OPEN
Total Course Length:
May 10, 2013
May 6, 2013
June 24, 2013
See if you qualify for Advanced Placement*
*Demo Reel Required