Thanks to our foundational coursework and instruction provided by top industry professionals — your animations literally take on a life of their own. You animate your own shots primarily, transition to collaborative projects, and begin working with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline.
*$75 registration fee applies
You first learn the fundamental principles of animation, including an introduction to body mechanics. You also learn the value of integrating a character into your work. Then, as the class progresses, you develop a deeper understanding of these principles to create even more balanced and believable creatures and movements — and culminate with a walk.
Learn How to:
- Create convincing character motion.
- Recognize the more common animation mistakes involving timing, weight issues, and body mechanics.
- Avoid and conquer common animation pitfalls.
- Develop an invaluable appreciation for the world around you through observation.
Assignments and Characters
- Learn a studio workflow as your mentor guides you — step by step — to where each assignment builds from the previous one.
- Begin with very basic characters, all of which are provided to you, and then advance to more complex characters.
- Apply your training with our Animation Fundamental characters.
A background in art, animation, or drawing is helpful, but not required. If you have little to no experience using 3d animation software like Maya, Blender or 3DS Max, we strongly recommend our Maya Workshop: Animation Basics. Animation Fundamentals requires a basic knowledge of 3d software.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction:
What You Get:
- Hands-on work with production-ready characters.
- Video lectures and resources from award-winning professional animators.
- Access to eCritique tool, Live Reviews, Sequence Review Tool, distributed render farm, and patent-pending AMP studio production pipeline.
- 3-year active student access to Autodesk® Maya®.
- A diploma in Animation Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Spring 2014: OPEN
Total Course Length:
Feb 14, 2014
Feb 17, 2014
Mar 31, 2014
See if you qualify for Advanced Placement*
*Demo Reel Required