6 Week Storyboard WorkshopCourse Length: 6 weeks with Live Q&As
Start Date: February 13, 2017 (Winter 2017)
Price: $899 *
*Includes a non-refundable $100 registration fee
Seats are limited
Storyboarding is the Best Way to Share Your Vision
Pixar’s long standing motto is that “Story is king.” A great story resonates with an audience no matter what medium it is in. From comic books to TV, and feature film, there are so many stories left to tell.
Now it’s time to tell yours.
This 6 week workshop will help you understand foundation techniques for staging, clarity, emotion and other fundamental principles for telling stories visually. This will be done by studying film and TV examples and breaking down what works and why. Then through weekly assignments you will storyboard situational story moments. And ultimately, you will create a simple short story and board it to completion. Weekly story assignments will be submitted in the form of animatic sequences and image files.
Industry Professionals Mentor You to Be Successful
Mike Kunkel is first and foremost a cartoonist! Writing and drawing cartoons is something he's wanted to do since he was a kid and now, with over 20 years of experience in the Animation industry, Mike has done just that by working on numerous TV and Film projects as a Director, Story and Development Artist, Character Designer, Screenwriter and Animator. Mike has worked for such studios like Warner Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Sony Entertainment, Universal Pictures and Walt Disney Studios.
As a published writer and an artist, Mike was nominated three times for the prestigious EISNER Awards and four Ignatz awards, and is the creator of the two-time EISNER Award-winning comic book series "Herobear and the Kid". And as a designer in TV, he won the ANNIE AWARD for Best Character Design in an Animated Television Production.
Wednesdays | 7:00 - 8:00 PM Pacific Time
Register Now for Mike’s Class
- 6 week online workshop.
- This workshop meets for one live lesson (Wednesdays at 8:30 PM Pacific Time) each week
- You will receive a recorded video review of your assignment each week
- There are no grades for this workshop
- All students are eligible to download the student version of Autodesk Maya for free with the purchase of any of our workshops
- An image editing software is required for this class. Options are:
- Students are required to purchase the pro version of Quicktime Pro (approx. $30) in order to prepare and upload your submissions for review
Who is This Workshop For?
- Open to English speaking students who are 18 years or older
- Designed for any skill level - beginner, intermediate or advanced. Lessons and feedback will be tailored to your style and level
- Current Animation Mentor students are welcomed as these workshops are designed to fit into your current workload