Thanks to our foundational coursework and instruction provided by top industry professionals — your animations literally take on a life of their own. You animate your own shots primarily, transition to collaborative projects, and begin working with the patent-pending AMP™ studio production pipeline.
Introduction to Acting
*$75 registration fee applies
Breathe life into your characters through believable, sincere, and entertaining performances. You also learn to make sincere, non-cliché acting choices; understand and apply the value of entertainment and contrast within your work; and explore your “voice” as an animator.
Learn How to:
- Take a default character — a literal blank canvas — and infuse a heart, mind, and soul.
- Give and receive feedback with your mentor and other students to identify opportunities for shot development through acting.
Assignments and Characters
- Explore the basics of acting through dialogue, gestures, timing, and phrasing.
- Follow each step of the process — from idea creation to planning, and blocking through to final animation.
- Apply your training with our Animation Fundamental characters.
Must pass Animation Body Mechanics Advanced.
Minimum Total Hours of Instruction:
What You Get:
- Hands-on work with production-ready characters.
- Video lectures and resources from award-winning professional animators.
- Access to eCritique tool, Live Reviews, Sequence Review Tool, distributed render farm, and patent-pending AMP studio production pipeline.
- 3-year active student access to Autodesk® Maya®.
- A diploma in Animation Fundamentals upon completion of required classes.
Spring 2014: OPEN
Total Course Length:
Feb 07, 2014
Feb 18, 2014
Mar 31, 2014
See if you qualify for Advanced Placement*
*Demo Reel Required