Free Animation Rig
You asked for a free Maya® rig. You got it.
Stewart is battle tested, armed, and ready for action!
- Professional quality rig with intuitive controls and a simple design for Autodesk® Maya
- Built for action with exceptional body mechanics
- Great for animators of all levels
- Before you download, read the terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions Summary
Some restrictions apply to the use of Stewart (“Stewart” or “Character”). If you follow the usage rules set out in the license agreement located here (“License Agreement” or “Rules”), you may use Stewart to create your own animation (“Your Work”). While you must read and agree to the full license, we provide a summary below. If you have any questions or want to use our designs in some other way not provided for in the License Agreement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be at least 13 years old to download Stewart. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this website or download Stewart. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 13 years of age, you may download Stewart only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian.
- You must include the following attribution notice in the credits or on screen during a presentation every time you share the Character or Your Work. Sorry, burying the notice does not comply (for example, in small print that is hard to find).
- You may not use any of Animation Mentor’s trademarks or logos.
- These Rules only cover the Character posted on this page. They do not cover any other Characters or materials owned or shared by Animation Mentor or a third party.
- Stewart is provided “as is” and we will not provide technical or customer Support for the Character.
- You may use Stewart in your demo reel.
- You may not use Stewart or any modification of Stewart for assignments at another animation school or online school, class or workshop.
- You may not use Stewart or any modification of Stewart to promote a commercial venture.
- You may not give or distribute Stewart or any modifications of Stewart to others (for example, a different outfit for Stewart).
- You may not reverse engineer the Character.
- You may post Your Work on your own site or social media pages, or you may link to a third-party site containing Your Work, so long as the third-party does not break any of these Rules.
- Once you’ve shared or used the Character, anyone else using it also has to follow these Rules. You have to be clear with them that it is not you giving permission to use the Character, it’s us.
- Animation Mentor or its licensors own all intellectual property rights, including copyrights, in the Character and Animation Mentor websites. Please respect those rights.
- Your Work may not infringe anyone’s intellectual property (“IP”) rights, even if the IP rights being infringed do not belong to Animation Mentor.
- You may not use the Character to create anything that contains pornographic, sexually explicit, lewd, obscene, objectionable, or excessively violent content, promotes or condones illegal activities, or incites hate or violence against an ethnic, religious, or protected group. Whether the content is “objectionable” is up to us.
- You must get our prior written permission if you want to use the Character or Your Work in any manner not authorized under the Rules, for example, if you want to enter Your Work in a contest or use the Character or Your Work in a commercial endeavor, like a film or an animation school.
- You may not suggest that Animation Mentor endorses or sponsors you or Your Work.
- You may not share the Character or use Your Work to portray Animation Mentor in a negative light. Please no attacks on anyone.
- In case of any inconsistencies between this summary and the full license, the terms of the full license will control.
Under the following conditions:
Stewart character used with permission (© Animation Mentor 2013). No endorsement of sponsorship by Animation Mentor. Stewart can be downloaded at http://www.animationmentor.com/free-maya-rig.
With the understanding that:
With the understanding that: