Creature Animation: Locomotion
12-week Course for Advanced AnimatorsCourse Length: 12 weeks with Live Q&As
Start Date: March 31, 2015 (Spring 2015)
Price: $2,499 *
*Includes a non-refundable $100 registration fee
Seats are limited
Prowl, growl, and pounce in this dynamic and exciting class and learn how to make your creatures jump off the screen! In our Locomotion class, you'll learn the essentials of body mechanics from top creature animators who brought Transformers, Pacific Rim, and Harry Potter creatures to life. They'll teach you the animation secrets that no other school can, including how to animate in both realistic and exaggerated styles using our production-ready character rigs.
Creature Animation: Locomotion
6:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
Guardians of the Galaxy, Real Steel, Hop, Green Lantern, Sucker Punch, Iron Man 2, Watchmen, I am Legend, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
See more of Nicole Herr's film credits
Join Nicole Herr or one of our other professional Creature Animation mentors in class. Sign up For Nicole's class, registration is now open. Seats are limited.
Blockbuster summer movies, hit TV shows like Game of Thrones, and a slew of games need strong creature animators like you. In 2011, we launched a program developed by top creature animators from Tippett Studio and Industrial Light & Magic. We continue to be the premier source for creature animation education, and we're committed to improving these courses to appeal to the busy professional.
In 2013 we asked you how to take our program to the next level. You told us what you wanted. We listened. Check out the improvements we've made to the program:
- Shorter course length
- Reduced weekly time commitment
- Lower introductory pricing
- Take either (or both) Locomotion or Fight or Flight...in whichever order you prefer
- No demo reel required
- Assignments are optional, however must be submitted to get feedback during weekly eCritique®
- No grades, just animate!
What You Get:
- Personalized instruction from your professional creature mentor and one-on-one time to discuss your work
- Hands-on work with studio-quality characters
- Access to eCritique tool, Live Reviews, and animation demos from your mentor
- 3 year active student license to Autodesk® Maya®
- Access to interact with the entire Animation Mentor network of students and graduates
- Over 100 hours of content and instruction
- Each week watch in-depth lectures from top industry professional animators
- Dynamic and challenging assignments to test your skills, including proper believable run cycles, weight distribution with large characters, and much more
- 3-6 new creature shots for your demo reel
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of class.
- Have a good understanding of the English language.
- Have intermediate software computer skills, and meet the minimum system requirements
- Achieve a passing score on a basic aptitude test (Wonderlic test). This test will be sent to you upon registration. The test measures basic understanding in math and verbal skills.
- This course is appropriate for 3D animators with solid body mechanics skills