6 Week WorkshopCourse Length: 6 weeks with Live Q&As
Start Date: March 27, 2017 (Spring 2017)
Price: $899 *
*Includes a non-refundable $100 registration fee
Seats are limited
Spin Attack, Parry, Stab, Stab, Stab!
Learn the essential game animation combat attacks with two characters and see your game come alive! This workshop is tailored for animators with a basic understanding of body mechanics who are eager to learn the game animation workflow techniques that the pros use. Game studios value animators who understand the Maya to Unreal Engine 4 workflow, so show off your combat animation skills for your demo reel.
- Animate convincing character combo attacks with your weapon of choice: hammer, sword, or two blades
- Learn the key studio workflow to migrate your animation from Maya to Unreal Engine 4
- Play your own animated character in a game level using a keyboard or game controller!
In Games Combat Attacks, you will:
Industry Professionals Mentor You to Be Successful
At Animation Mentor, you will be personally mentored by industry professionals who are currently working at prominent game studios. You will be exposed to the latest animation workflow techniques and gain unique incite into industry best practices from these pros.
Senior Animator, Riot Games
Skylar is an Animation Mentor alumnus and has been animating at Riot Games for nearly 4 years. During that time he helped bring to life many of the champions and creatures that wage combat on the battle fields of League of Legends. He now lurks in the dark corners of Riot Games working on future projects.
Wednesdays | 9:00 - 10:00 PM Pacific Time
Register Now for Skylar’s Class
Skylar Surra: Character Animation Demo Reel for the never released game Copernicus
- 6 week online workshop.
- This workshop meets for one live lesson each week
- You will receive a recorded video review of your assignment each week
- There are no grades for this workshop
- In addition to the live lectures and demos, you will receive training material specific to Unreal Engine 4
Animation Rigs You Can Access
Computer Hardware and Software Requirements
IMPORTANT: The Unreal Engine 4 game engine requires an OpenGL 4.1 compatible graphics card. Make sure your computer meets the necessary hardware requirements to use the Unreal Engine 4 software.
Note: Unreal Engine is not required to complete this workshop, and you can choose to just focus on game animation principles within Maya itself. However you will get the most out of this workshop (and have a ton of fun) by trying out the Maya-to-Unreal workflow yourself.
- All students are eligible to download the student version of Autodesk Maya for free with the purchase of any of our workshops
- Unreal Engine 4 Software is free (Windows, MAC OS, Linux Requirements)
Who is This Workshop For?
- Open to English speaking students who are 18 years or older
- Designed for animators with a basic understanding of body mechanics
- Current Animation Mentor students are welcomed as these workshops are designed to fit into your current workload
Are you a Noob? Learn Game Animation Fundamentals