ANIMATION MENTOR TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated on May 2018
YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE SERVICES IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED ON ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. BY CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON AND USING THE SERVICES, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PROVISION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU MUST CLICK ON THE “CANCEL” BUTTON AND MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY PURPOSE.
These Terms of Services were last updated on May 2018. It is effective between Animation Mentor and you as of the date you accept these Terms of Service.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE.
- By registering for and/or using the Services in any manner, including but not limited to visiting or browsing the Site and/or downloading the Applications, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated periodically without notice to you.
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us periodically; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, users who are contributors of content, information, and other materials or services, registered or otherwise.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under age 13, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service or use of the Services is prohibited or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
Certain of the Services or portions of the Site may require you to register for an account (“Account”). You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated. You shall not: (i) use the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or (ii) use the name of a person other than you without appropriate authorization. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services without permission. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services (including any changes to or revocation of any licenses from state authorities), breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account. You shall have the ability to delete your Account, either directly or through a request made to one of our employees or affiliates. You have no ownership right in your Account. If you are registering an Account on behalf of an organization under an agreement between us and another organization, that organization may have administrator rights to access your Account and any information provided under your Account.
- Definition. For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, videos, audio files, data, text, photographs, images, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Content” also includes all User Content (as defined below).
- User Content. All Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by users (collectively “User Content”), whether publicly or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content provided by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. You acknowledge that all Content, including User Content, accessed by you using the Services is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Services is or will continue to be accurate.
- Notices and Restrictions. The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us, our partners or our users and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
- Use License. Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for other than purposes of using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right. Your license to use and access the Services and the Content is automatically revoked if you violate these Terms of Service in a manner that violates our intellectual property rights. All rights not explicitly granted to you are reserved by us. In the event that you provide comments, suggestions and recommendations to us with respect to the Services (including without limitation with respect to modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the Services) (collectively, the “Feedback”), you hereby grant to us a worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use and otherwise incorporate any Feedback in connection with the Services.
- License Grant. By submitting User Content through the Services, you hereby do and shall grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, revocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable right and license to access, use, adapt, convert, transcode, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, disclose, transmit, store and cache the User Content solely to the extent necessary to provide the Services or as otherwise permitted by these Terms of Service, which license shall terminate upon the deletion or removal of any such User Content from the Services. For clarity, the foregoing license grants to us does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content, unless otherwise agreed in writing. We do not claim ownership of User Content that is transmitted, stored, processed, or linked in your Account or through the Services. You represent and warrant that you have all rights to grant such licenses to us without infringement or violation of any third party rights, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Sharing of Content. When you add, create, upload, submit, distribute or post User Content to a Project, such User Content is accessible by any and all Crew Members associated with the Project. You hereby do and shall grant each such Crew Member with whom you share User Content through a Project a non-exclusive license for the duration of the Project’s existence to access, use, import, edit, modify, truncate, aggregate, adapt, reproduce, distribute, display, publish, disclose, transmit, prepare derivative works of, store, cache and perform such User Content, including after termination of your Crew Member’s participation. When you send a link to a Project to a Collaborator, you hereby do and shall grant each such Collaborator a non-exclusive license to view, access and display such Project, including after termination of your Team Member Account or the Services.
- Content Deletion. Any User Content made available through a Project will continue to be available on such Project unless and until the applicable Creator is terminated from the Services or the applicable User Content is deleted from the Services, at which point such User Content will be removed from the Services 10 days after termination of the Creator’s account or deletion of the User Content from the Services. User Content can be removed by the Creator responsible for the applicable Project or any applicable contributor with such permissions.
- Warranties. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) your User Content and the availability thereof through the Services does not and will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, performers’ rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or rights in confidential information, (ii) you have obtained any and all necessary consents, permissions and/or releases from any and all persons appearing in any User Content in order to include their name, voice, performance or likeness in any User Content and to publish the same on the Services, and (iii) the storage, use or transmission of any User Content does not violate any law or these Terms of Service.
- Availability of Content. We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Services. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- Unauthorized Use. You must immediately notify us in writing of any unauthorized use of any (i) Content (including User Content), (ii) Account or (iii) the Services that comes to your attention. In the event of any such unauthorized use by any third party that obtained access through you, you will take all steps necessary to terminate such unauthorized use. You will provide us with such cooperation and assistance related to any such unauthorized use as we may reasonably request. You acknowledge that if you wish to protect your transmission of User Content to us, it is your responsibility to use a secure encrypted connection to communicate with the Services.
RULES OF CONDUCT.
- As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services, including without limitation your conduct, your User Content, and your communications with others.
- You shall promptly handle and resolve any notices and claims relating to your Content, including any notices sent to you by any person claiming that any of your Content violates any person’s rights.
- You shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (a) take any action or (b) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content on or through the Service, including without limitation any User Content, that:
- fails to comply with these Terms of Service;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, offensive or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk email (“spamming”);
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives; or
- includes anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty (see our DMCA Copyright Policy);
- You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; or (vii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including without limitation any Applications), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction, (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services, or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users and the public.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES.The Services may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Services. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
PAYMENTS AND BILLING.
We may require Services to be paid for on a recurring basis (“Subscription Services”) or on an as-used basis (“A La Carte Services” and, together with the Subscription Services, “Paid Services”). We have the right to change, delete, discontinue or impose conditions on Paid Services or any feature or aspect of a Paid Service. Subscription Services may subject you to recurring fees and/or terms. By signing up for a Subscription Service, including after any free trial period, you agree to pay us the subscription fee and any applicable taxes as set forth in your Account settings or as otherwise agreed in writing (“Subscription Fee”). A La Carte Services may subject you to fees charged per usage and/or terms. By using an A La Carte Service, you agree to pay the fees and any taxes incurred at the time of usage (“A La Carte Fees” and, together with Subscription Fees, the “Paid Service Fees”).
Paid Service Fees may be paid by credit card, debit card, or other payment forms we may permit. If you link a debit or credit card to your Account, you authorize us to collect Paid Service Fees by debit from your linked debit card or charge to your linked credit card. Regardless of payment device, we reserve the right to collect Paid Service Fees by deduction from your transaction proceeds, the Balance (as defined in the Payment Terms) in your Account or your linked bank account.
Unless otherwise provided in a Subscription Service’s terms, Subscription Fees will be charged on the 1st of every month until cancelled. You may cancel a Subscription Service at any time from your Account settings. If you cancel a Subscription Service, you will continue to have access to that Subscription Service through the end of your then current billing period, but you will not be entitled to a refund or credit for any Subscription Fee already due or paid. We reserve the right to change our Subscription Fee upon thirty (30) days’ advance notice. Your continued use of Subscription Services after notice of a change to our Subscription Fee will constitute your agreement to such changes.
If you have inquiries regarding payments or billing Services please direct them to: [email protected]
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, licenses of User Content, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Should you ever decide to delete your Account, you may do so by emailing [email protected] If you terminate your Account, any association between your Account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your Account. However, given the nature of sharing on the Services, any public activity on your Account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no duty to take any action regarding:
- which users gain access to the Services;
- what Content you access via the Services; or
- how you may interpret or use the Content.
We strongly encourage and recommend that you maintain appropriate security, protection and backup copies of your Content, which may include your use of additional encryption technology to protect Content (including User Content) from unauthorized access. You acknowledge and agree that we will have no liability of any kind as a result of the deletion of, correction of, destruction of, damage to, loss of or failure to store or encrypt any Content.
You release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We make no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, or legality of material or Content contained in or accessed through the Services.
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; (IV) THAT THE CONTENT WILL BE SECURE OR NOT OTHERWISE LOST OR DAMAGED; (V) THAT THE SERVICES WILL NOT HARM YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM; (VI) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; OR (VII) THAT DATA OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE OR CORRECT. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF USERS SUBSCRIBING TO OUR SERVICES, NOR DO WE HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF THE SERVICES BY USERS. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain categories of damages; therefore, the above limitations may not apply to you. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent possible by law.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Services, Content, or otherwise from your User Content, violation of these Terms of Service, or infringement by you, or any third party using your Account or identity in the Services, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
ANY LIABILITY WE HAVE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, UNDER ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY, IS STRICTLY LIMITED TO, IN THE AGGREGATE, FOR ALL VIOLATIONS, THE GREATER OF (A) $500 OR (B) THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID TO US BY YOU IN THE THREE MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. WITHOUT LIMITING THE PREVIOUS SENTENCE, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, NOR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUE, GOODWILL, USE OR CONTENT) (HOWEVER ARISING), EVEN IF WE HAD BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, including its conflicts of law rules, and the United States of America. You agree that any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Service shall be governed by the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and Federal courts of Alameda County, California.[GM1]
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or replace any of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Services (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database, or content) at any time by posting a notice on the Site or by sending you notice through the Services, via e-mail or by another appropriate means of electronic communication. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. While we will timely provide notice of modifications, it is also your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following notification of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Entire Agreement and Severability. These Terms of Service are the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Services, including use of the Site and any Applications, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us with respect to the Services. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. Assignment. These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
Notices. Unless otherwise specified in these Term of Service, all notices under these Terms of Service will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service. Electronic notices should be sent to [email protected]
No Waiver. Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms of Service. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
Headings. The section and paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation
Contact. You may contact us at the following address:
6040 Hollis St.
Emeryville, CA 94608
Effective Date of Terms of Service: May 25, 2018.